Tuesday 16 July 2013

Horlicks Layer Cake/Kek Lapis Horlick

Horlicks Layer Cake








Ok!My first attempt of making kek lapis using my new oven didn't turned out well.
.Why? It was too dry because I've forgotten to put in the condensed milk.But,can you believe it?The children ate it all saying it was nice.See the picture below of the dry cake.




Last night,I try making my Horlicks Layer Cake again and this time,I made sure to add on everything and the cake turned out nice.It was even more nice on the next morning and I ate it for breakfast.My kids bring it to school.


I grill for about three hours plus.The hours was shorter compare to the first dry cake which took five hours to finished grilling.The reason was because I don't know how to use the new oven yet.I kept adjusting the temperature and the fan.





The recipe was given by a friend of mine.


RECIPE:

10 eggs
450g butter
190g castor sugar
240g flour(Hong Kong flour)
200g horlicks
1 can condensed milk(small can,388g)


METHOD:

Beat butter and castor sugar till creamy and fluffy.Add eggs one by one,beating till well-combined.
Add in milk.Add in flour and horlicks.(mix together first)Fold in 3 batches.Mix thoroughly till well-combined.
Scoop up one small ladle of the batter into a 7" cake tin and grill the cake at 200°C till you see brown colour.(my oven took 10 minutes to grill one piece).Take out from oven and press with a metal flattener to get rid of lumps.Repeat for every layer.Pour in the second layer and spread evenly again tilting the pan.Repeat grilling layer after layer and flattening.When done,cool on a wire rack.

In the original recipe,sugar was 220g but I lessen it to 190g.












No comments:

COLOURFUL GERMAN COOKIES

I try making German cookies with different colours. This recipe is the same as I've used in dog German cookies. These are irresi...